Thursday 2 July 2015

It's a leap of faith.... Admitting your true self

Telling people that you are "spiritual" is a leap of faith let alone telling people that actually there is an after life and you have communicated with people and seen the evidence.  Then top that off with you have been experiencing a spiritual journey really is a leap of faith.

Trusting that you are on the right path and knowing that the people that are meant to be in your life will be the ones that will stay and understanding that the ones that don't weren't meant too.

I was reading the rest of "You Can Create an Exceptional Life" by Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson when I text a friend just to say I love you, I know we do not always talk often but I appreciate you and you and your family are always in my thoughts.

This was not a message sent in expectation of a reply it was just sent with love and appreciation. However, I did receive a reply and one part of it said " I have read your new blog, it is interesting".

This is where I need to confess.  I knew I needed to do this blog, it is part of the path, I know that because I again "feel it" in every cell of my body but to say I was nervous is an understatement.  Yes, I know I need to trust and trust I do (otherwise I would never have started) BUT, I still did not add it to my Traci Cornelius blog.... So of course there is still doubt.  What if people think I am crazy, that I have lost the plot or even worse that I have made it all up, what if I am not qualified to relay this information.... WHOOOOOOAAAAA

This is where I have to stop, breathe, and breathe deeply.  This has been played out before me and I am lucky, very lucky. Not just because it has helped me to feel complete but because I know that this is going to help someone else. Somewhere, Someone who is reading these words.  Hopefully more than one but even if this helps just one person then it is still so much bigger than me.  It is bigger than my ego, bigger than my problems, bigger than my concerns.

When I feel panicky that the world as I know it could come tumbling down now that I have opened up to express this journey I say this to myself:-

"Thank you for all the positive people in my life that love me and accept me for who I am and the message I bring"

This affirmation instantly brings peace.  It can sometimes be hard confessing to all at large that you are not quite the same as society dictates you should be.  But if you are in a similar position where you are opening up and telling those who you really are have conviction my friend. Conviction that you are being true to yourself, that you love yourself.

Repeat the affirmation as often as needed:-

"Thank you for all the positive people in my life that love and accept me for who I am"

Leap of Faith

And release those that are unable too with love.  This is just as important, yes I understand it can be frustrating but if you get frustrated that is an emotion which is hurting you.  So release it.

"Thank you for helping me to release those that were once friends/family/..... with love and I wish them growth and happiness"

If you wish to be specific then say :-

"Thank you for helping me to release ...... (insert name) I send them Love, Growth and happiness"

This takes practice, it is not the easiest part for us to change overnight, to wish Love, Light, Happiness, Growth, Prosperity etc... on those that say ill of us, for those that hurt us.  But even from a young age I knew that hating someone did more harm to yourself than it ever did to them.  Having negative thoughts towards another is like drinking poison to hurt them, of course this does nothing to the intended but has devastating effects on you.  I think there is something about that in a play or book.  If you know the resource please do let me know in the comments section.

I wish you nothing but Love, Light, Laughter and Growth as you embrace and love who you truly are.

As always if you wish to share your story or comment please leave a comment or head on over to my facebook page and do give me a like - Thank you

Love Life and Laughter

Traci x

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Header Background Designed by Freepik